Well-known oncologist Mr. William Lee, Harvard graduate, has developed
a special diet to fight certain diseases. As to him some products help to protect the organism against cancer and heart diseases. It is also known that 71-year-old founder of Virgin Group Mr. Richard Brenson keeps this diet.
Among 15 products which Lee recommends in his book “Eat to Beat Disease” to consume for health promotion there are the following:
- Oat flakes (contains healthy macro- and microelements including beta-glucan, vitamins)
- Coffee (contains vegetable pigments flavonoids having anti-oxidant action, lowering blood clotting, capillaryfragility and penetration, improving the indicators of lipometabolism)
- Green tea (contains antioxidants polyphenols improving the protection of cells against combustion and ageing)
- Fresh berries
- Kiwi (vitamin C and antioxidants)
- Bread made of leaven (improves gut microbiome)
- Hard cheeses (contains vitamin K2)
- Leafy greens: cayle, spinach, rucola and radiccio
- Beans: lentils, chickpeas and beans (protein, fiber, iron, vitamins and minerals)
- Canned fish: sardines, mackerel or anchovies (Omega-3)
- Tomato sauce (contains the antioxidant lycopene, which helps lower bad cholesterol, strengthens the immune system, prevents blood clots and reduces the risk of stroke)
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Walnut (omega-3, B vitamins and magnesium)
- Dark chocolate.
As for oat flakes, according to experts from Dobrodiya Foods, a leader among Ukrainian producers of oatmeal, today modern high-performance equipment can keep up to 85% of vitamins, minerals, micro- and macronutrients.
Thanks to the use of innovative technologies cereals of TM “Dobrodiya” and San Grano preserve up to 95% of grain benefits. Researches carried out by leading European laboratories have shown that Dobrodiya flakes contain a valuable complex of macro-, micronutrients and vitamins. In particular, Ukrainian oat flakes contain 4.1 g of beta-glucan (per 100 g). Beta-glucan is a natural immunostimulant that has a positive effect on the human body: it lowers cholesterol, improves digestion, lowers sugar, normalizes metabolism.
Also, flakes of TM “Dobrodiya” contain a significant amount of dietary fiber – 11 g per 100 g of product. Dietary fiber is a complex of biopolymers that forms the walls of plant cells. It helps to reduce the risk of atherosclerosis, diabetes, obesity, gallstones, allergies and some cancers.